The Allendale Township Cemetery is located on the west side of 60th Avenue, between Warner St. and Lincoln St., north of Lake Michigan Drive (M-45), at 12655 60th Avenue. The first recorded burial was in 1851. The original cemetery property consisted of 10 acres, and an additional 10 acres was purchased in 1999 for future expansion.
The cemetery is open to the public daily from dawn to dusk. Click Here for a layout Map
For complete information regarding rules and regulations of the Township Ordinance which governs the use of the cemetery, click here.
Please note the following:
• All flowers must be planted in movable containers with handles
• The Township will remove all floral designs, flowers, weeds, trees, shrubs, plants or herbage if it becomes unsightly, dangerous, detrimental or diseased
• All trees planted on or removed from any grave sites must be done by the Township
• The Township may remove all wreaths and flowers in late fall
• Footings will be installed by the Township only, after both/all parties named on the headstone are buried
The Township maintenance staff conducts a fall clean-up in the cemetery each year at the end of October. Families are asked to pick up floral arrangements and/or any loose items that are now on their family grave sites. During the cleanup process, floral arrangements, both real and artificial, that are not in typical cemetery containers (such as cement urns or baskets with a handle) and any loose items that have not yet been picked up by family members will be discarded. The only exception will be floral arrangements for burials which took place in the months of September and October.
Ashby, John D
Bouwman, William Jr.
Coeling, Henry Bruce
Jenkins, John Jr.
Jenkins, John Sr.
Mackey, E Robert
Richards, Harvey Jr.
Richards, Harvey Sr.
Rotman, Joseph Jr.
Rotman, Joseph Sr.
Sessions, Leonard Blaine
Snyder, Forrest Jr.
Snyder, Forrest Sr.
Stoddard, Joshua Jr.
Stoddard, Joshua Sr.